|WOOLLY GOSPEL SINGIN'
& Dessert Potluck
June 11th, 2016 (2nd Sat in June) 1:00 pm – 4:00pm
please call ahead to guarantee a time on the roster (recommended -not required)
- Bring Family & Friends & enjoy a musical afternoon of praising the Lord
- Musicians Needed bring your musical instrument, your voice & songs;
Heart of the Shepherd, that hosts the event.
- Families, church groups, and individuals welcome.
- Located indoors in tour barn and silo - rain or shine
- Bring a dessert to share . . . . lookin' good!
- Donations are welcome - suggested donation of $5 per person - proceeds benefit missions
- Bring a dessert to share. Potluck Dessert for all.
- Come when you can . . . . leave when you must
- Tour the educational & interactive Farm Museum & Silo
- Tour the Bible Garden - guided or self-guided tours; every 30 minutes.
- Shepherd’s Shop will be open, featuring a host of “woolly” and farm related handmade gifts
made by Shepherd’s Cross and over 50 local crafters; farm fresh meat, Amish jams, health
foods, yarns, and much more! The shop features a mission section; purchases made in this
section of the store return 100% of the sale price to the indigenous people that made them
- Shepherd’s Cross features farm fresh, Animal Welfare Approved, pasture raised, free range,
chemical free American lamb meat Yarn, yarn, & more yarn – natural, chemical free, many types,
produced and processed on the farm. Shepherd’s Cross also offers roving, batts, felting
supplies, spinning and weaving supplies and much more.
- Shepherd’s Cross is home to a Christian non-profit Christian organization called
Thursday, Friday & Saturday
Last Weekend in April
10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Walk through the barn and observe the shepherds and shepherdesses shearing. This is the
real thing! This is not a speed competition, but the work of a real working shepherd.
- Come Experience the "Sheep to Shawl" lessons - of working with wool as it comes off the sheep,
and is made in to usable products - a shawl or other wool product
- This is an Open House Event - free to the general public.
- Please Note: Even in the event of rain, Woolly Even in the event of rain, Woolly Weekend will
proceed in the new tour barn.
- Shepherd's Shop will be open, offering a great new collection of woolly and farm related gifts.
- Demonstrations throughout the day on spinning wheels, washing wool, looms, knitting,
crocheting, felting, drop spindles and other wool crafting.
- A professional caterer will be offering samples of our 100% natural grass fed lamb meat.
- Visit the All new Farm Museum - upstairs in the gambrel roof barn
- The best time to observe is early in the morning, when it is still cool, or later in the evening when
the sun goes down. Shearing is hard work and the cooler times are easier on the sheep and the
shearer. Come when it is convenient for you. A sheep is shorn, and the process is repeated
about every 30 minutes. Spend the day or simply an hour or two.
- The Bible Garden will be open for mini-tours - with tour guide - or as a self guided tour.
SHEPHERD'S PUMPKIN FESTIVAL
Last Weekend in September thru First Weekend in November
- Hand select pumpkins, pet farm animals, blaze a trail through hay maze, see pumpkins growing
on the vine, create a scarecrow; games for the whole family; build family memories for a lifetime,
enjoy a fall hay ride.
- This year we will feature additional games and educational exhibits, in the farm museum.
- Many activities are located in the authentic Amish built barn.
- Learn the truth about the fall holidays; educational & Biblically based
- Bring the family out & have a hay load of fun
- Four weeks in October; admission is free - donations accepted
LIVING NATIVITY &
2nd & 3rd Weekends in December
- A walk through, living, interactive nativity, reminiscent of that first Holy Christmas.
- Come, take a peaceful stroll back in time. Reflect on the true meaning of Christmas.
- Live character portrayals, include over one hundred costumed participants over the course of
the six evenings.
- Live animals in the nativity scene include sheep, mule, donkey, chickens, guineas, and horses
- Animals housed in a real "working" barn. This is an indoor nativity.
- Watch the peaceful serenity of shepherds watching their flocks by night, as the word of the
Jesus, the Savior's birth is told.
- Enjoy living the truth, and embracing the full meaning of peace this Christmas.
- Shepherd's Shop will be open, with farm fresh pecans, fresh Amish Pecan candies and baked
goods, hot beverages, as well as festive Christmas and sheep related gifts. A wide variety of
unique Christmas items & hand made items are available this Christmas season