|Farm & Fiber
Classes & Retreats
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a
workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly
dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
April 11, 12 & 13, 2019
Shepherd’s Cross has been raising and shearing sheep since the early 1990’s. Not
ony do we shear, but we also process wool fibers from our own sheep right here on the
farm in our all natural, mini-wool mill.
Total Class Fee: $245.00
$75 Deposit & this form due by April 5th
What each student will learn & receive:
~ How to shear a sheep effectively
~ Proper handling of shearing equipment
~ Sheep handling
~ Skirting and grading a fleece
~ Basic wool processing
~Shearing Manual, DVD, poster & certificate
Instructors: Israel Vasek
Israel is a professional sheep shearer, and shears approximately 10,000 sheep per year. He
learned to shear with his father, and is carrying on the family tradition. Israel is not only a quality
shearer, but he is conscientious, and handles the sheep respectfully.
Dr. Diane Dickinson & Shepherd's Cross Staff
Dr. D is a licensed veterinarian, specializing in small ruminants and will be teaching the animal
handling as well as wool grading and processing.
Here is Registration form for Shearing School
Animal Husbandry - Small Ruminant Farm Training Day
Saturday May 18, 2019 8:30 am- 4:30 pm
Saturday September 7, 2019 8:30 - 4:30
Class Topics Include
- Vaccinations, Feet Trimming, Tail Docking, Bloodless castration, Managing pasture &
Feeding, Neonatal Wool Management, AWA
- Practical, profitable, flock herd health
- Sheep, goats, alpacas & other small ruminants
- The Dickinsons provide animal husbandry classes, veterinary care and training, wool mill
training and Lamb of God Bible studies around the world, through the non-profit
organization Heart of the Shepherd that operates on the farm.
- Instructor is Dr. Diane Dickinson, a licensed veterinarian and an agriculturalist, with over 30
years of livestock and farming experience. Her unique perspective of animal husbandry
care includes that of a producer, a veterinarian, the small flock & herd, global agriculture,
Biblical agriculture, sustainable living, natural production, agritourism and niche markets.
Dr. D travels around the U.S. & to many nations teaching animal husbandry & veterinary
$79.00 per person
Or $149 for 2 family members
Or $199 for the whole family (age 16 & over)
Come by the farm, call or email for registration form. Classes fill quickly - Class maximum 20
Click Here for More Information
Registration Form - Small Ruminant
- Some of the places our classes have been taught are: Oklahoma, Arizona, Russia,
Malawi, Uganda, Thailand, Kyrgyzstan, Germany, Sierra Leone, South Africa & Kenya.
- We have been teaching Biblical, agricultural and fiber classes for over three decades.
Fiber Classes Include:
We specialize in one on one classes that meet your schedule needs . . . Simply ask
Additional Information & Registration for
Fiber Classes click here
Fibers Worked with Include:
Fiber Classes Available For:
Individuals (one on one)
Day & Weekend Retreats
Spin 'n' Knit-In
Sit . . . spin . . . weave . . . other fiber arts
learn. . . encourage . . . relax
The 2nd Saturday of the Month from 1:00 - 4:00
January 12 February 9 March 9 April 13 May 11 June 8
July 13 August 10 September 14 October 12 November 9
December 14 ( Living Nativity special session - costume & demo with us)
form that you would like to learn or need assistance with.
- This is a time, every month that we offer free assistance with any fiber art
- Bring your spinning, knitting, weaving, crochet, or hand crafted project
- Or, Simply drop by & watch.
- Encourage others or find encouragement for yourself
- Wholesome, family oriented conversation
- Bring a snack if you would like . . . sip a cup of tea & enjoy a relaxing afternoon.
Tuesday thru Saturday
Extended Hours & Days
for Special Events
Sundays & Mondays
July 4th Weekend
New Year's week &
Not responsible for accident or injury of any kind. Participants attend and participate at their own risk.
|Claremore, OK 74017-0935
Hwy 66 & then 2.5 miles East on Akin Road
(EW 45 Road or EW 450 Road)
Contact us by e-mail: SheepFarm@ShepherdsCross.com
(copy & paste address; this is not a link)